Support the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer
You can make a secure, tax-deductible donation online through JustGive.
Checks can be made out to Sisters of the Holy Redeemer and sent to:
Sisters of the Holy Redeemer
Attn: Sr. Ellen Marvel
1600 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
If you would like to make a donation in honor of a Sister or for a specific project, please indicate this online or on your check.
Your prayer and generous financial support is needed and greatly appreciated. Your charitable contribution can support a number of the Sisters' ministries and projects, including:
- Redeemer Valley Community Garden – A community garden providing individual plots and a large community supported garden. The unique community supported garden aspect provides food for local food cupboards, Farmer's Markets, the Sisters, members and volunteers of the community garden.
- Redeemer Ministry Corps – long-term volunteer program that invites women and men to explore the integration of faith and service through compassion, hospitality, holistic healing and prayerfulness
- Art at Valley Lake Gallery – An art gallery and educational center that seeks to “creatively transform lives” by showcasing local artists and inspiring art enthusiasts through educational programs. The Gallery supports the Drueding Center transitional housing program.
- Second to Nun Frame Shop – Offering high-quality framing at affordable prices, with proceeds benefiting the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer Missions in Tanzania.
- Refugee ministry in Germany—Since 2014, the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer have been inviting asylum seekers to find a temporary home in their Motherhouse in Germany. Along with food and shelter, the Sisters provide their guests with social services to help acclimate asylum seekers to their new homes.
- Youth/Young Adult Outreach – The Sisters of the Holy Redeemer offer retreats for young women, Vacation Bible School for children, days of reflection, alternative spring break service experiences for college students and information sessions at local schools.
- School in Chamazi, Tanzania— Four years ago, the Sisters of the Holy Redeemer in Chamazi built a pre-primary school for the young children in the area (Kindergarten—4th grade). Over the past four years, the needs have outgrown the size of the school. The Sisters are now building a larger school that would include primary (5th grade) as well as pre-primary grades.
- Renovations for the Sisters’ new Province Center—construction for an elevator and new entranceway will begin in Spring 2016 as part of our second phase of renovations for the Province Center.